Mike Vogel — March 19, 09:25PM
Can I get a summary (species count) for an entire day?
I'm not seeing anywhere to summarize all sightings for a day. If I enter multiple checklists from different locations, I want to know how many total species I saw on that day, but it seems I have to manually figure that out.
Am I missing an option somewhere? Seems like the lack of this feature would encourage people doing Big Days (for example) to just enter everything on a single "incidental" list.
Caleb — March 20, 05:12PM
There is no option set up specifically to do what you're asking for, but there is a work-around to get a day list.
- Go to "Explore Data", scroll the bottom, "Summary Tables - Your Data".
- Create a Week Reports and start your report on the date you want the list for.
- If it's today, then you're good to finish. Otherwise, you'll need to exclude any locations that you visited on different days.
- If there are any locations that you visited both on the day you're interested in and on other days that week, the data will get a bit messed up. You should be able to work around it though.
- Create the report, and now you'll have a detailed summary of your eBird activity that day. Probably the "Species Totals" tab will be the most helpful.
Hopefully that helps.
Caleb — March 20, 05:27PM
Note that generated reports like this for some reason count spuhs and slashes (eg. duck sp., American Black Duck/Mallard) as species, so your number might not be quite correct.